Clear Light Yoga
- Cutting through
The Six Bardos
- The bardo of the realm of life
- The bardo of the dream state
- The bardo of meditation
- The bardo of the experience of death
- The bardo of the experience of reality
- The bardo of seeking rebirth
Six Doctrines of Naropa
- The mystical heat (tummo)
- The illusory body (mahamaya)
- The dream state (svapnadarsana)
- The clear light (abhasvara)
- The intermediate state (antarabhava)
- The transmission of consciousness (samkranti)
Knowledge required for the path through the six intermediate realms
- Knowledge of the former place of birth or realm of existence
- Knowledge of dying, of the crossing over of awareness, and new rebirth
- Knowledge of transcending spirit
- Knowledge of all hidden appearances, in the realm of the non-visible
- Knowledge of the six realms of existence
- Knowledge of all liberating capabilities
Doctrine of Trikaya - three bodies
"fourth body" = The indivisibility of the Trikaya
The Six Perfections
- Dāna pāramitā: generosity, giving of oneself
- Śīla pāramitā: virtue, morality, discipline
- Kṣānti pāramitā: patience, tolerance
- Vīrya pāramitā: energy, diligence, vigor
- Dhyāna pāramitā: one-pointed concentration, contemplation
- Prajñā pāramitā: wisdom, insight
The Four Noble Truths
- Dukkha: The truth of suffering
- Samudaya: The truth of the cause of suffering
- Nirodha: The truth of the cessation of suffering
- Magga: The truth of the path leading to the cessation of suffering
The Eightfold Path
- Right Understanding
- Right Intent
- Right Speech
- Right Action
- Right Livelihood
- Right Effort
- Right Mindfulness
- Right Concentration (Samadhi)
top of page
The starry night sky,
a massive bonfire of uncreated wisdom,
blazes unceasingly between your ears.
Kill Everything In You
When you've killed everything in you
that might interfere with the Clear Sky (the Dark Expanse)
light and darkness are just the same nothing.
How could anything be different?
It's clearly the same.
How could anything be the same?
It's clearly different.
How could anyone suffer?
Who exists to have a mind
or to become a Buddha?
Cure yourself of sick thinking,
and the un-ease of life is gone.
Gone beyond, utterly beyond,
bo-ji so wa-ka!
Hearing all day long you hear nothing.
Seeing all day long you see nothing.
Laughing you don't laugh.
Crying you don't cry.
You're liberated, and can live as you want
and you don't understand the idea of "bondage"
or getting "caught up in something."
You're always a golden buddha.
You're always a temple in calm starlight.
A demon playing the bamboo flute,
a samurai hiding in the long grass --
whatever! you're always just THAT.
If the darkness comes cut it down.
If the brightness comes cut it away.
If people come don't answer them.
If the Clear Sky comes shatter it completely.
If the Void ever comes, slash it with your sword.
Destroy all thinking, let it go
and both objects and subjects disappear.
What's left can't even be imagined,
so how do you expect me to give it to you?
There isn't any one or any body left anywhere
to experience this,
to pretend or deny IT alone "exists"
or to ever say a single word about anything.
-- D.S.Z. Roshi
Sambhogakaya's Five Manifestations
awareness of equanimity
spontaneously fulfilling action
The Five Tathagatas
- Vairocana (center, white)
- Aksobhya (east, blue)
- Ratnasambhava (south, yellow)
- Amitabha (west, red)
- Amoghasiddhi (north, green)
The Five Pure Lights, pañca-jñāna
Melong, mirror-like awareness
Awareness of sameness, the non-dual method of upāya and prajñā
Accomplishing activities, spontaneously
Suchness, dharmadātu, universal substrate
Nine designs of the Supreme Energy
Energy flowing in ida nadi
Energy flowing in pingala nadi
The supreme flow of energy in sushumna nadi
Protectress of space
Energy of will
Energy of knowledge
Energy of action
Energy of tranquility